Produktdetails zu Triumph Tiger Cub & Terrier (52 / 68) / Repair Manual Haynes mit 110 Seiten
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- Fuel system
- Ignition system
- Wheels, brakes and tires
- Electrical system
- Wiring diagrams
ENGINE, CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSIONREMOVING THE CYLINDER HEAD, BARREL AND PISTON
- The cylinder head, barrel and piston may be removed with the unit in the frame, provided the following point is noted; on machines prior to engine No: 57617 (pre-September 1959), it is necessary to remove the front and lower engine mounting bolts so that the unit can tip forwards to provide sufficient clearance.
On later models, the holding down studs were shortened and the nuts lengthened by a similar amount, in which case the work may be undertaken without resorting to the above measures. The exhaust pipe, carburetor and rocker oil feed must first be detached in both cases.
- Slacken the rocker cover retaining nuts and remove the sparking plug, as these parts may prove difficult to detach at a later stage. Slacken the four cylinder head nuts using a 1/4 in. Whitworth ring spanner.
It is not normally difficult to dislodge the cylinder head, using a hide mallet if it proves stubborn.
Resist the temptation to pry the joint apart with a screwdriver, as this invariably results in marred or damaged cylinder head or barrel fins.
The pushrod tube (or tunnel), and the two pushrods, will be freed as the cylinder head is lifted away. These can be removed and placed to one side.
It is worth marking the pushrods to denote inlet and exhaust, by using a piece of insulating tape or masking tape, as it is preferable to refit these in the same position as they were before removal.
Note that the inner item is the exhaust pushrod.
- The cylinder barrel may now be slid upwards off the holding down studs. Position the piston at TDC, and pack the crankcase mouth with clean rag before the piston emerges from the bore.
This will prevent any debris from falling into the crankcase in the event of there being broken rings.
IGNITION SYSTEMCONTACT BREAKER ASSEMBLY: ADJUSTMENT
- Remove the distributor cap or contact breaker cover, depending on model, and examine the faces of the contact breaker points. If they appear burnt or pitted, they should be removed for renovation or replacement. See Section 3 for details.
If only slightly soiled, they may be dressed in place, using a magneto file or fine emery paper wrapped round a strip of thin sheet metal. Remove any accumulations of dirt using lint-free rag moistened with gas.
- Gradually turn the engine over until the contacts can be seen to be fully open. Check the gap, which must be between 0.014 and 0.016 in (0.35 and 0.40 mm), using a feeler gauge.
The gauge should be a light sliding fit between the contact faces. If necessary, slacken the fixed contact retaining screw just enough to allow it to be moved.
The desired setting can now be obtained, and the securing screw tightened, not forgetting to re-check the setting once this has been done.
Before refitting the cover, apply a trace of grease or engine oil to the contact breaker cam.
CONTACT BREAKER ASSEMBLY: REMOVAL, EXAMINATION AND RENOVATION
- If the points appear badly pitted or worn, they should be removed for further examination.
Start by disconnecting the contact breaker lead from the moving contact spring blade, making a careful note of the disposition of the washers to aid reassembly.
Slacken and remove the fixed contact retaining screw to allow the assembly to be lifted clear of the base plate.
The moving contact can be lifted off the fixed contact pivot pin to permit close examination of the contact faces.
Englisch, inkl. 32 seitigen technischen Wörterbuch deutsch/englisch als Download
Artikelnummer HAY0414 Versandfertig in: Werktags binnen 24 Stunden EAN-Nummer ISBN: 978-0-85696-414-5
- Trusted Shops Bewertungen